Thursday, February 25, 2010

Little things, big things and the in between...

Hello my good friends!
I just thought I'd say hello to you all! God has blessed me with such a nice week! Today it was so nice and sunny, I worked on cleaning and organizing our "dress up room" and I got to see a friend who I haven't seen in a long time. It is so nice to just take time to enjoy the little things. A cup of tea in the afternoon, a phone call from a friend, the sunlight making everything look fresh and new!

On the weekend Genevieve played in the symphony concert which was so delightful! They played a Beethoven symphony and a piece by William Grant Still called the Afro-American Symphony (in which there was a BANJO player! ha!). Spectacular! There were three young local soloists who played with the symphony also! They were all incredible! It made me want SO badly to start playing my violin again! So, I am going to start practicing again this week. =]
Here are three movements of the Afro-American Symphony.
(don't forget to pause the music in the side bar!)








But there really is no comparison to hearing them live! I didn't know what I was missing until I went to my first symphony concert. WOW! The music completely engulfs you. It's like your in it somehow. The symphony concerts here are free too which makes it accessible to everyone! You should definitely look up the symphony in your area (if you have one) and check it out! The symphony here is outstanding! I try to at least go to two of the three performances each time and am never disappointed. =]
Well, time to go cook up something for din din.
Love and Joy to you all! - Marguerite

No comments: