Sunday, June 30, 2013

5 summer reads

Hello summer with all your sunshiny-goodness,
I'm loving the thought of going out, taking a book to read, and a patchy old quilt. I'll lay it on the freshly cut grass and flip to a yummy chapter in one of those summery books. Oh yes. That's where I'll be this summer. I've created a little list of five of my favorite summer picks. All of them are old friends and I love to invite them over during the summer months. I hope you will treat yourself to a pleasant glass of Iced Tea with them while they're in town.

  1. Emily of Deep Valley by Maud Hart Lovelace. She is a wonderful author.. All her stuff is so Summery! The Betsy~Tacy books are also a wonderful series to pair with some lemonade and fudge. (You Mustn't Forget The Fudge!) 
  2. Meet Me In St. Louis by Sally Benson. This book is one of my favorites for all seasons but it's especially good for Summer. 
  3. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. First in the series. It will make you want to be in Avonlea for the Summer but it's worth it! Oh yes.
  4. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame. What Ecstasies! This is a wonder. Toady, Ratty, Moley, Badger, Otter, Little Porkley... Oh Kenneth Grahame..."You really are a clever Toad.."
  5. Leave it to Psmith by Pelham Grenville Wodehouse. This is the bees knees. So hilarious and light. The amazing mind of P. G. Wodehouse is wonderful. The Jeeves and Wooster books are great fun too! I'm sure you can't go wrong with P. G. Wodehouse.     
I hope I have left you with a good list of books you've not yet read, and even if you have, I hope you will want to read them again! they're all such cheery stories.
happy reading!
aimee

3 comments:

SisterlyLove said...

Ooh yes. GOOD picks!

Genevieve

Ella Beyer said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE sitting in the cool grass with a good book and a delicious treat :)
xoxo

Diāna said...

It's been months without a single post! I miss them something awful! Please, write again!