Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Remedies for colds


I thought I'd post these recipes in a separate post because the last one was so long. =]
So in case you didn't already see these, here are my favorite recipes to fight colds and sore throats. =]

Marguerite's Concoction of Delight
This is something I make when I get or feel like I'm going to get a cold.

Place in the blender:
1/2 cup frozen berries or fruit
1 cup rice milk
1 Tblsp. flax seed meal
1 Tblsp. honey
dash of cinnamon
pinch of cayenne
pinch of vitamin C powder (or whatever dosage on bottle is. WARNING: Very sour!)
1-2 droppers full echinacea
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
10-15 drops grapefruit seed extract
(these are all approximate measures. I usually don't measure anything exact when I make it.)

And then I put whatever liquid supplements I'm taking such as...
vitamin D
1-2 drops "Thieves" Essential Oil
Ningxia Red
or Jus

Then blend on high until smooth.
Voila! A much tastier way to gain back your health. And you can mix it up by adding different fruit with it like banana or coconut milk to make it more creamy or add or take away different supplements to make it more specific to your needs. =]

Here's a way to help with a sore throat...
A friend of Genevieve told her about this and Gen told me.

1. Wash your hands
2. Get one finger wet with water
3. Cover it with salt (I use natural, non iodized sea salt. I wouldn't recommend using regular iodized salt.)
4. Rub it all around on the back of your throat
5. Rinse it out with water and either spit it out or swallow it.
I prefer to swallow it because it's good for you. This helps SO much! I usually get really bad sore throats so I was very happy to find something that really works good!

Or there's the ol' standby: Chamomile tea with honey, apple cider vinegar and cayenne.
This helps me too. =]

Note: I am not, by any means, certified to advise about health issues etc... all I know is what works for me. =]

Well, I hope you don't have to use these recipes because you're already well, but if you aren't well, then I hope these will help you.
Blessings and love to you all,
Marguerite

No comments: