Sunday, July 5, 2009

Books of importance, stupidity and honest-to-goodness fun!

Hello all you giddy and peachy wonky-doobers......
I have recently not been in a mood to read.. sadness.. But I am resolved to make you read books even if i cant! Its to make up for my sluggishness. ;)
My Books of pleasure:::::


Who has read this one??? (above) Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn. It is SO awesome! It is a novel in letters. Normally this book would be a rather depressing and hopeless book... but i was finding it so hilarious how they all wrote the letters! anyway its all about the sentence
"The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over The Lazy Dog"
And I think its such a funny, awesome book! DO read it!


All books by Sir Pelham Grenville Wodehouse are irresistibly funnie!! One of my very favorites is (above) 'Lord Emsworth and Others' in the beginning there is a story called "The Crime Wave at Blandings" and it is hilarious!!! His "Jeeves and Wooster" books are simply ha ha-y too! (that Y was for Birtie and all his "pip pip"'s and goofie wording of things!)



This is 'book the fourth' by LEMONY SNICKET. I must confess I did not like this one, but I LOVED the other three before it! READ them!!!


"Caroline and Her Kettle Named Maud" by Miriam E. Mason is a FABULOUS short read! Its such a funnie story! She is what you might call 'tom-boy-ish' She is hoping for a gun and receives a kettle. She names it Maud. Meaning: Mighty in battle. ha ha! its great.


Can you get any better then "Little Women" By L. M. Alcott? a clue: no. I love the WHOLE thing! But there is a very good chapter called "Camp Laurence". Its wonderful! such wit, Mrs. Alcott has!
Anywhoooo...
I hope i have inspired you to read ALL of these books! You must tell me what you think of them once they're finished. I LONG to hear your views! :)
LOVE!
aimee

2 comments:

SisterlyLove said...

Oh yes, I LOVE that chapter "Camp Lawrence"! Oh that horrid boy who cheats at croquet!! And Jo's HUGE hat! :) Love it. Ella Minnow Pea was awesome too! I haven't read it for a very long time though. Perhaps I should read it again soon.
I haven't read Caroline and her kettle named Maud. I think it must be SIN not to read that book huh? I'll have to rectify this soon. And I want to read Series of Unfortunate Events so bad! I will soon. :) As soon as I'm finished with the two that I'm reading right now.

Let's see...what did I forget? Oh yes...P.G. Wodehouse is just hilarious and there's nothing more to be said!!!!

Pip pip! (ahahahahaha!!)
Genevieve

Anna Kristine said...

Lemony Snicket are the most clever books ever written. haha They're really good therapy after a long stressful day, as are Roald Dahl's books. haha I still need to crack open some P. G. Wodehouse and all these other books sound divine. I'm also intrigued to read Alice in Wonderland because it sounds so wacky. :)