Saturday, April 17, 2010

books are my friend..


Happiness! AH! i can't get over this idea! you can personalize your books with your name or just a pretty stamp on the page ends of your book instead of doing book plates or signing the inside (which is wonderful too).



I would like to try making some book covers for "ugly-cover"ed books. how about you?

I mean, this book cover isn't exactly repulsive but....
It would just look better if..






..this photo adorned the book Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.

"She'll never come back no more. she's gone in the sea, ain't she?"
*sigh*

Have you read Rebecca? It's splendid! She has such a unique style of writing. It makes me all inspired to write!
Have you seen the movie? AHH! It's one of my ALL-TIME favorites! Joan Fontaine and Laurence Olivier...*sigh*
    love to you all,
aimee

3 comments:

Adelheide said...

Ooohh, I've missed you girls :) It just seems like it's been awhile since you've posted!
Wonderful idea for personalized books...it would be great for books you give as gifts too--pre-personalized :)

And yes, I've read, and watched Rebecca! I love it, so beautiful, and tragic, and interesting. I like your cover design MUCH better than the original!!!

Allison Przeslawski said...

I've tagged you at my blog!

Allison Elizabeth♥

SisterlyLove said...

Ha ha!! I just got the Allan quote you put Aims. HA!

I LOVE those personalized Books! they are lovely!
A very good idea for gifts!

Yes... the movie Rebecca is AWESOME. "Ooh! Nasty stuff. Give me a chocolate Quick!"
~Margo