Wednesday, November 25, 2009

La Belle Dame...

La Belle Dame Sans Merci by Frank Dicksee
This is one of my most favorite paintings.
It is SO beautiful! Everything about it. *sigh*
I just love the dress she is wearing. The color especially! And her hair. Gorgeous. And the best part about the knight, besides that he's absolutely smitten, is his masculine hands. =]
And what a gorgeous horse! I have always loved BIG horses. My favorite part of our County Fair is seeing the big draft horses. They are one of God's most beautiful creations in my own opinion!
I hope you all are having a lovely evening! xoxo
~Marguerite

3 comments:

SisterlyLove said...

everything about this...it takes my breath away.. *sigh* I love her wreath..and the colors are beautiful! her dress.. her hair...his hands..every thing is--*sigh*--so romantic!!
aims

Kathleen S. said...

Oooh, I agree... BIG horses are so stately and majestic....and I do love the colors, too. :) Also agreed, I like it when a man is drawn as a MAN, not some wobbly, wavering, wishywashy weakling...(that may have sounded graphic, but I think I got my point across). :P
Kathleen S.

Leslie said...

thanks for coming to my blog, saying hello and entering the giveaway. good luck